MBA, CPA, CVA, EA, MA(Econ), ATA, ABA
KHORSHED ALAM, MBA, CPA, CVA, EA, MA(Econ), ATA, ABA
Mr. Alam is the President and CEO of Alam Accountancy Corporation (a California Professional Corporation), located in San Jose, California. Mr. Alam has 40+ years of combined experience in setting up and managing small businesses (both industrial and commercial) from ground breaking to full-fledged operation.
Alam Accountancy Corporation is a CPA firm specializing in tax planning and preparation, bookkeeping services, business valuation of closely-held corporations, individually owned businesses, client representation before the Internal Revenue Service, Board of Equalization, and State Unemployment Compensation Board. Since 1981, Mr. Alam has personally worked with hundreds of businesses throughout the Northwest in a wide variety of industries, ranging from small companies and professional practices to large companies. In addition, Mr. Alam has over 20 years of experience in business and industrial management in multinational projects and three years of teaching practicing managers as a Management Counselor overseas.
Mr. Alam specializes in the areas of Tax Preparation and Planning (Individual and Corporate), Management Consulting, General Business Consulting, Management Advisory, Financial Planning, and Business Valuation Services.
- Licensed to practice CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- Certified by NACVA to practice CVA (Certified Valuation Analyst)
- Certified by the Internal Revenue Service, Department of Treasury to represent taxpayers as an Enrolled Agent (EA) before the Internal Revenue Service
- Accredited in Accountancy (ABA) by the Accreditation Council for Accountancy & Taxation, Inc.
- Accredited in Taxation (ATA) by the Accreditation Council for Accountancy & Taxation, Inc.
- Graduate Fellow of the National Institute of Tax Practitioners at Stanford University (1991)
- Director, Treasurer/CFO: California Tax Education Council (CTEC) 1997-2003
- 1st Vice President of Mission Society of Enrolled Agents 2000-2001
- President of Mission Society of Enrolled Agents 2001-2002
- Past President of Mission Society of Enrolled Agents 2002-2003
Professional Associations Membership
- Member American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Member of National Association Of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA)
- Member of National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA)
- Member of National Society of Tax Professionals
- Member of Indo-American Chamber of Commerce
- Member of Accreditation Council of Accountancy
Honors and Awards
- EA of the Year Award, 1996 & President's Award, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, and 2001 by Mission Society of Enrolled Agents (MSEA)
- Presidential Plaque for 2001-2002 MSEA in recognition of outstanding service and leadership
- Certificate of Appreciation by the Internal Revenue Service (1998)
- Certificate in recognition of Mr. Alam's valuable leadership to the California Tax Education Council (CTEC) for the years 1997-2003, presented by Honorable Liz Figueroa, 10th Senatorial District, California
- Who's Who Honored Professional's Award, 1996
SHERMIN ALAM, MBA, RTRP
Ms. Alam is the Vice President of Alam Accountancy Corporation and specializes in Tax Preparation (Individual and Corporate) and preparation of financial statements. Ms. Alam has 20 years of experience working with companies of all sizes in financial institutions. Ms. Alam graduated with a Bachelors of Science in Cognitive Science from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) in 1996. Ms. Alam graduated with a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) with a concentration in Leading People and Organizations from Santa Clara University in 2005. She previously worked as Vice President, Underwriting Division Manager at BFI Business Finance, an asset based lending company. Prior to that, Ms. Alam worked for Wells Fargo Foothill as a Portfolio Analyst, and for PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as a Business Assurance Associate. Ms. Alam is a Registered Tax Return Preparer (RTRP).
1922 The Alameda, Suite 318
San Jose, California 95126
Fax: (408) 445-1709
- American Institute of CPAs
- California Society of CPAs
- National Association of CVAs
- National Association of Enrolled Agents
- National Society of Accountants Inc.
- Accreditation Council for Accountancy and Taxation Inc.
- International Association of Financial Planning
- National Association of Tax Professionals